It is about trips all around Turkey. Traveling Turkey, Trips in Turkey, Trip Tips in Turkey, Vacation in Turkey...

Monday, September 15, 2008

Long Time No See! - Kirklareli, Altinoluk, Bandirma, Bartin...

Last time I had written on the blog was on May. We had trips after that but I didn't have a chance to put it on.
In June, we celebrated the 4th year of Yolculuk magazine! Yeeyy!! We had a photograph exhibition in Bursa where the company was found. It had a lot of attention from local people and we had so much fun and proud of our work.
At the end of June, Faruk Akbas and I went to Kirklareli. This city is very special for me because it is where my mother was born and I had been there several times when I was a little kid. So I kinda feel like I am from Kirklareli too. :) Even though I like Kirklareli and all Trakya, there wasn't much to see, sadly. We had a hard time to create a story. But finally, we had two stories; one is about Igneada (on the sea cost) and about Kirklareli itself. Igneada story is already published on the August issue (see http://www.yolculuk.com.tr/index.php?id=77,0,0,1,0,0). Kirklareli story is waiting for its time along with the others :) But let me tell you the things that will be in the story: broom makers, a special juice drink called "hardaliye", weaver women, border villages (with bulgaria), dupnisa cave, yildiz mountains and forests etc...
In August, I finally had my vacation. My husband and I decided to go to Altinoluk in Aegean sea because the south is very crowded and crazy hot in these months. It was a great vacation. We get to relax, swim in a beautiful sea, got a little sun tan, and trekked to the Ida (Kaz) Mountain... We even had gone fishing with a local fisherman. We had to get up at 4 and sail at 5 am in the morning! I could catch only one needlefish! :)
Two weeks later, I had to go to the Altinoluk area again because of a traditional festival held in Ida (Kaz) Mountains.
Now we are in September. We were supposed to go to Bandırma (Marmara Sea) last week to have "fishery" story but our contact (a local fisherman) said the weather was terrible and windy and we couldn't even be able to take any photos. He said not to come. So we decided to work the story in Amasra, Bartin (Black Sea). On Sunday, Faruk and I are leaving for Bartin. I'm sure it'll be a great trip as usual. I have a huge list to sea besides fishery, including amazing waterfalls, canyons, traditional Bartin houses, special hand crafts, museums, castles, caves and hand made ship makers...
Let's see what's waiting for me there... :)

No comments: